No. It has come to our attention that sellers of rhino horn are attempting to mislead their customers by claiming that horn infusions are not really toxic. It is apparent that these unscrupulous sellers do not care about the wellbeing of their customers, but purely about making money. So, it is up to us to make consumers aware of the dangers of using rhino horn, as the sellers and illegal traffickers most certainly will not.
Although it is true that the infusion compounds are not lethal for people in small quantities, the symptoms of ingestion may include (but are not limited to) nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea. Research into quantities of rhino horn used for medicinal purposes has indicated that no more than a pinch of ground horn is generally used at one time. Prolonged use (such as in the ‘millionaires detox drink’) may increase the severity of symptoms, though, and could result in, amongst others, permanent nerve damage.